Retropunk is a cyberpunk, tabletop roleplaying game in which the players embody characters in a futuristic hybrid reality—where the digital and physical have merged. Everyone experiences a world beyond augmented reality through their neurochip, tech implanted at birth. But by hacking these ‘chips, they traverse this new reality free from monitoring.
Using this cloak of anonymity they combat the corporatocracy that controls urban sprawls across countries and continents. They snatch resources away from those in power and use their gains to fuel their resistance. As the rebellion grows, they take on more powerful factions.
The rules are inspired by such games as White Hack, World of Dungeons, Blades in the Dark, and The Veil.
Inside this core book you will find:
- Rules for an approach system—similar in some ways to a skill tree—which guides character creation, is paired with a robust character improvement system and adapts to the play style of the characters.
- Easy and satisfying dice-rolling mechanics that use gradients of success and puts an emphasis on teamwork and tackling problems dynamically.
- 3 character classes with special abilities. Identify which one fits the kind of character you want quickly and build your character fast!
- A system for factions and contacts that promotes acquiring new resources to take the fight to the megacorporations. Grow relationships, gain access to better equipment, intel, and allies.
- Procedures for creating districts: areas within urban sprawls the size of cities, functioning as microworlds. Characters move from district to district, “city crawling”, experiencing different locales, and challenges.
- Discover a cyberpunk world through play by using evocative setting elements designed as scaffolding to build upon.
- 7 pieces of additional content crafted from the setting elements as evocative, useful examples to be used as you see fit.
- And lots more!
Retropunk is US Trade (6" x 9" / 152 x 229 mm) in size, has a full-color interior with over 30 pieces of fantastic art with a professional layout. The PDF is optimized with bookmarks, hyperlinks, a table of contents, an index, layers that separate graphics from text and the files are both low res and high res for easier viewing.